Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Artist Statement Brainstorming


ARTIST STATEMENT BRAINSTORM
(step two'ish)

*To me, art is expression. It's expression of an idea through any form of media or material. Whatever it may be, it doesn't matter. But I've come to see that a piece without a charge, a personality, or an idea, is just the material. Its empty until you put a you into it. It becomes art when that charge is added. When a piece of the person is ingrained. An artists ability is unconsciously determined by there ability to convey that energy and idea.
*I try to be honest with my art. I'm in a real developing period. Our work can always improve, but its that energy that I put into my work that's also coming together, the me I put into it. But at the moment it's what I've been trying to convey. The beauty in the struggle. The order in the chaos. The truth and happiness behind the fear and scale. That's my idea of expression. Whatever art I choose to apply it to. What needs fine tuning is my conveying of it. Getting the right light and color into my work is often my greatest frustration. Getting what I see and what I feel purposefully into my work, is the hardest thing. That's the part that's going to take my repetitive work. Sometimes with the drop of the shutter, a flow in my films, or my movement in a game of soccer, that expression is conveyed. Its our consistency that determines our success in outcome.

My forms: Film, photography, and soccer. 


(Step one): Word flow of my ART
- Originality, soulful exploration, curious, drive, isolation, sadness, full, balanced in the chaos, style...

WORDS (step 5ish)
ineffable - to great or extreme to be described in words
momentum
effervescent - full of life
Qi (chi)

 Step 6:  Fill in these sentences.
When I work with water I am reminded of an appreciation for what is.
I begin an artwork/photograph/series by looking for a way of living within myself.
I know a piece is done when I see somebody feel that energy/idea I put into it.
When my work is going well, I am filled with a sense of reassurance.
When people see my work, I'd like them to look deeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment